To our Nature’s Expression Customers,
Our team at Nature’s Expression has been closely monitoring all available information relating to the COVID-19 virus. Our number one priority is the health, safety and well-being of our staff, customers and community.
This is an unforeseen situation that we all find ourselves in. It has brought concerns about what we do next. At Nature’s Expression, we have already started making changes and being proactive with our team. We are committed to following the real-time information from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Canadian Government and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention).
We would like to address our efforts regarding COVID-19 and our day to day operations.
Head Office / Warehouse
- We have taken proactive measures at our head office in Richmond, BC to be cautious and responsible with our practices.
- We have a surface disinfection routine that is completed throughout the day.
- Our team is required to wash hands with soap for 20 seconds at the arrival to the office, when entering and exiting shared spaces, after all breaks and at the end of each day.
- All staff is required to keep a healthy distance from each other and should they develop any symptoms of sickness they are to stay home.
- Our order pickers and packers and checkers are all using gloves throughout the day to eliminate any touching of products and packaging.
- Everyone is required to report to their manager if they have been exposed to COVID-19 in any capacity and stay home if there is any question.
- We have set up remote workstations so that if the need is required by our office staff we can have them working from home.
- Stay home except to get medical care
- Stay home: People who are mildly ill with COVID-19 are able to isolate at home during their illness. You should restrict activities outside your home, except for getting medical care.
- Avoid public areas: Do not go to work, school, or public areas.
- Avoid public transportation: Avoid using public transportation, ride-sharing, or taxis.
- More information from the CDC is available here If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to reach out to us.
Orders, Packages and ShippingBased on the information available from the World Health Organization website, Nature’s Expression is confident that our materials and products are safe to distribute.
The new coronavirus cannot be transmitted through goods manufactured in China or any country reporting COVID-19 cases. Even though the new coronavirus can stay on surfaces for a few hours or up to several days (depending on the type of surface), it is very unlikely that the virus will persist on a surface after being moved, travelled, and exposed to different conditions and temperatures. If you think a surface may be contaminated, use a disinfectant to clean it. After touching it, clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water.
Our proactive measures already in place in our warehouse will further reduce or eliminate any touching of products and packaging.
Should an unexpected situation happen, such as third party couriers or shipping companies temporarily suspending services, your order will be held here and shipped upon the next available ship date.
Local Pick UpsFor all local pickups and visits to the warehouse location, anyone entering the building (staff, customers and visitors) are required to wash their hands. Handles, doors, countertops and any shared surfaces are disinfected frequently. We are requesting that anyone who is experiencing symptoms of illness refrain from visiting our head office during this period and should symptoms be seen by our staff, we will kindly request that you exit the premise and with you, we will plan how to get your order to you directly.
TravelWe will continue to follow the information from the World Health Organization (WHO), the Canadian Government and the CDC (Center’s for Disease Control and Prevention), specifically as it relates to travel advisories within Canada and to the United States. We have canceled our corporate buying tip to China in April as we feel it is in the safest interest to our staff and community to remain out of the epicenter of where the virus has been said to originate. As well, we have no current travel planned for our Account Managers to ensure that during this time we do our part to limit spread of the virus. We will be offering more Skype and Facetime appointments to help support you so that you can continue to see products directly. We are recommending to our staff and all of our customers not to travel if it is not absolutely necessary, especially long distances.
Open HouseWe have been reviewing current information related to community gatherings that suggest crowds over 250 participants be stopped. At this time we have decided to make a difficult decision and cancel the Open House planned from March 14, 2020 – March 17, 2020.
While we understand our participants would not reach this 250 attendee level, we are making this decision to ensure that we take every precautionary measure. We value the safety and well-being of our staff and customers. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and look forward to greeting you at our next open house. We will advise our customers when we plan to reschedule at a time when it is safer to do so. We recognize this is a difficult time and the uncertainty around the situation can be unsettling.
Public SafetyWe want to assure you that we are committed to taking all the necessary steps required to keep our community safe. We will continue to monitor and respond to this evolving situation based on the recommendations of World and Government Officials. We truly thank you for your patience and understanding as we all navigate through this difficult time.
If you or a loved one is ill, please follow the recommendations of the CDC:
Yours in Love & Light,
The Executive Team at Nature's Expression